Associate Vice Chancellor for Development
Job no: 496066
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Advancement
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Oct 09 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Associate Vice Chancellor is responsible for managing the major gift and annual giving efforts of the university, while managing a portfolio of principle gift prospects. As part of the University Advancement leadership team, will work with other senior leaders to achieve fundraising goals and maximize the level of support for the University.
- Directly manage the major gift and annual giving efforts of the Advancement division. Work with the Vice Chancellor and frontline fundraisers to create and implement a strategy around annual and major gift fundraising programs, as well as planned giving opportunities. Partner with deans, faculty and volunteers in the fundraising process. Supervise Development Directors, Major Gift Officers and the Annual Giving team.
- Manage a nominal portfolio of high-level prospects and donors. Work with the Vice Chancellor on strategies for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding these individuals.
- Work in conjunction with the Vice Chancellor for Advancement to oversee the strategic and technical aspects of the university's comprehensive fundraising campaign. Oversee the day to day campaign operations, and serve as a liaison to external campaign consultants. Collaborate with Advancement colleagues to create a plan for use of the university's senior leadership in campaign efforts. Monitor campaign progress and identify opportunities and challenges. Assist the Vice Chancellor in the oversight of the Campaign Executive Committee. Communicate effectively with the Vice Chancellor, Advancement leadership team, Deans and other university officials to update them on the status of the campaign. Serve as a member of the Advancement Senior Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of ten years relevant experience which includes a proven track record in both major gift fundraising and the management of a frontline fundraising team
- Proven ability to motivate, engage and work with prospects and volunteers, university leaders, administrators, faculty, and staff or similar constituencies
- Top-notch relationship building skills and internal organizational skills is a must
- Experience in higher education and managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment is necessary
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.