Navigate Utilization Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Student Access and Achievement, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Navigate Utilization Specialist
Position #685596 - Requisition 15161
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Student Access and Achievement in the Office of the Provost has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Navigate Utilization Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Navigate Utilization Specialist will help with the implementation of the 18.1 Update on the student success technology called Navigate. This person will become an expert in the Education Advisory Board (EAB) tool, Navigate, and will assist in the implementation of the new update. This includes training and development of staff and faculty. The position will report to the Executive Director for Student Success and will work alongside the Student Access and Achievement team to help deliver an unparalleled student experience.
This position is a one-year appointment, with potential for renewal in the future.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Stays up to date on new functionality of the tools and validates data as needed
- Determines if issues/questions during implementation are related to an internal CU Denver issue or a broader success tool issue that needs to be communicated to EAB
- Ensures understanding of student success strategy and works to advocate specifications that will aide in CU Denver business practices
- Work collaboratively with EAB technology consultant while advocating for CU Denver
- Documents procedures and reference materials as needed to maintain a catalog of student information system fixes, enhancements and any other change.
- Tracks project progress; including risk, issues and resources to deliver successfully.
Training and Development:
- Provides ongoing training to existing and new internal CU Denver end users
- This includes onboarding of new users
- Updating current users on new features
- Occasional checks to make sure advising reports, notes and campaigns are used accurately
- Develops infographics to help explain features or different tools and when to use which tool
- Prepares and updates useful documentation and manuals for the Navigate tool.
Navigate Support Services:
- Serves as helpdesk to triage end user support issues and requests.
- Works with CU Denver stakeholders and EAB stakeholders to answer end user questions and adjudicate any technical or data issues
Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $37,130 to $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, social sciences, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to travel as required on behalf of the University for the implementation and continued success of the initiatives.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience with student information systems to include proficiency with relational database reporting and Microsoft products.
- Experience developing documentation, providing customer support, training users and application management.
- Relevant experience supporting systems that facilitate effectiveness via efficient business processes, reporting and customer service.
- Student Affairs experience at an institution with a comprehensive urban campus.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with students, staff, faculty and administrators/
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain positive interpersonal relationships within an ethnically and culturally diverse campus environment/
- Understanding of academic principles associated with student success
- Attention to detail and ability to think creatively.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and appropriately both orally and in writing to internal and external constituents.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills to deliver high quality work.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is November 19, 2018.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30040 - AVCASA-SA Student Affairs
Posting Date: Nov 14, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 19, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00685596