Dedicated Desktop Support Pro
Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Desktop Support
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 13524
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 15-Oct-2018
Dedicated Desktop Support is a premium IT consulting and professional service focusing on desktops, laptops, and smart devices. Our teams work closely with departments across the University of Colorado Boulder campus to provide highly responsive, in-person technical support; proactive computer management through Active Directory and Casper infrastructure; and IT strategic planning in support of our clients’ business objectives.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU-Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our "This is OIT" video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Dedicated Desktop Support Professionals are assigned to support one or more departments on the University of Colorado Boulder campus and get to know their business, their employees, and their unique IT needs and goals. This position will have the opportunity and flexibility to tailor the IT infrastructure to their business needs while leveraging the expertise, library of best practices, and powerful computing infrastructure of a large, central IT organization. Work on a beautiful and vibrant university campus, participate in a tightly-knit team atmosphere providing mutual support to each other’s departments, and contribute to internal projects and research that shape the future of our IT support methodologies.
What You Should Know
This position is subject to a formal on-call rotation with definitive response times, where the likelihood of the on-call employee having to come on-site to respond/manage the issue/incident is low. When not on call, this position is expected to respond in a reasonable (though not definitive) amount of time when called outside working hours regarding issues and incidents that arise.
What We Can Offer
Starting salary for this position is $46,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Professional. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience in an IT support or IT functional area.
What You Will Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer technology on own initiative, unaided or as part of a team.
- Technical competency and aptitude: ability to quickly learn new computer technology on own initiative, unaided or as part of a team.
- Customer service skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Prior experience in desktop support.
- Experience troubleshooting both Mac and PCs.
- Experience with Active Directory and Casper Suite.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This position will close on October 15, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer