Service Center HR Coordinator
Areas of Intereset: Human Resources
Functional Areas: Human Resources
Department: Department of Human Resources
Requisition Number: 13063
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 20-Sep-2018
The Department of Human Resources welcomes applications for a Service Center HR Coordinator. This individual serves as a significant resource and advisor to assigned departments on university, staff, and temporary appointments- related personnel HCM entry and processes. The Service Center HR Coordinator recommends and advises on necessary methods to efficiently expedite personnel and HCM related issues. This position also serves as a significant resource for interpretation and implementation of school, department and university policies and procedures regarding university staff, classified staff, and temporary appointments. Additionally, the unit will collaborate with the centers of excellence to provide a wide-ranging repertoire of HR services to campus constituents.
Who We Are
Human Resources at CU Boulder exists to create success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager, a member of the faculty or staff – to do what he or she does…better.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Manage job and position data entries for university, classified, and temporary appointments in HCM for assigned departments
- Ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal rules.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Create and maintain employment records using human resources management system (HCM) and maintains human resources related data.
- Provide transactional and policy expertise related to I-9 & e-verify, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Work directly with department liaisons and department leadership to resolve their issues and teach them new processes and more efficient ways of managing transactions by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Serve as a resource on complex transactional issues that arise, applying general knowledge of Human Resources, including principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Serve as a resource to the campus regarding HCM.
Outreach and Customer Services
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with assigned departments and maintains them over time. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a member of the HR team and participate as a representative of HR in internal and external committees as appropriate.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated salary is $40,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Accomplished. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional work experience performing HR functions may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in higher education environment
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This posting will close on September 20, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer