Assistant/Associate Professor - Instructional & Research Services
The Kraemer Family Library at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs seeks applications from student-focused, innovative librarians for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor or associate professor rank for Faculty Director of Instructional and Research Services. This position is responsible for managing and developing the library's research services and leading a team of librarians who develop teaching methods and online learning tools for course-integrated instruction in both traditional and online courses. Other responsibilities include collection development and liaison responsibilities for selected academic departments; participation on the library leadership team; participation in library policy formulation; university and professional service; research and creative work.
This full-time (12-month) tenure track position begins on July 1, 2019.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $68,500 depending upon qualifications.
The successful candidate will possess, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to working with students from diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities who possess a wide range of educational goals
- Ability to successfully supervise, mentor and train librarians and staff
- Ability to lead teams and plan projects and new initiatives
- Knowledge of information literacy concepts, pedagogy, and teaching best practices
- Knowledge of current issues and emerging technologies in research services, library instruction and online education
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusiveness as outlined in the library's diversity plan
- Commitment to environmental sustainability as outlined in the library's sustainability plan
- Commitment to the teaching/librarianship, research, professional practice, and service requirements of a tenure-track position
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 10,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report and has earned recognition as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" in 2018 by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Colorado Springs, (pop. 500K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S. Located 70 miles south of Denver, Colorado Springs offers a wide variety of leisure and educational activities including sports, parks, symphony, local theater groups, museums, and several institutions of higher education.
To learn more, visit: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness/new-employee
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, educational verification, and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional library experience in an academic library
- At least three years of experience working in library instruction and research assistance
- One year of experience with course-integrated library instruction and research assistance in an academic library
- One year of experience with assessment and evaluation methods at a programmatic level
To be appointed at the Associate Professor level candidates must meet the qualifications for tenure in librarianship/teaching, research or creative works, professional practice and service at UCCS.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by January 11, 2019 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job related inquries may be directed to Christina Martinez [email protected] If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers (Job ID: 15258) and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 4. Unofficial transcripts 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40090 - AA-Library Operations
Posting Date: Dec 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christina Martinez
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00422304