Regional Coordinator - Texas
Who are we:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
Nature of Work
This position will provide prospective student recruitment and admissions counseling in targeted markets in the state of Texas. Position implements recruiting, outreach and conversion efforts to prospective, applied and admitted undergraduate Texas students by conducting high school visits, attending college fairs, special events, and hosting UCCS-specific events to counsel, guide, and direct students to encourage application and enrollment to the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS).
Position will report directly to Associate Director for Regional Admissions
This position has no supervisory function.
Examples of Work Performed
- Position is based in the state Texas in order to effectively and efficiently engage in the state's recruitment opportunities.
- Position implements recruiting and outreach activities in Texas to prospective undergraduate students and families by conducting high school visitations to counsel, guide, and direct students to make application to the University.
- Position will represent the University at targeted high schools; college fairs (both national and regional); specialized recruitment events for prospective students, families, and high school counselors; and other University activities related to the goal of the position all while marketing the positive aspects of UCCS.
- Associate Director, or other campus personnel, may travel with employee for training and evaluative purposes.
- Take an active role in planning/assisting with Colorado Consortium events
- Take an active role in regional organizations: DARN, TACAC, HARN, TACRAO for example.
- Publicly speak to individuals or groups regarding the University and its programs. Refer requests from the public for information to other campus departments.
- Communicate academic advising and registration information to current and prospective students.
- Motivate prospective students to apply to the University.
- Participate in marketing the strengths of the University to prospective students, their parents, and the community through public presentations.
- Develop and maintain a Fall and Spring travel schedule, including 1-2 trips/ year to UCCS campus for training and updates, and participating in DARN's Camp College workshops in the summer.
- Analyze data to determine effective recruitment strategy
- Develop relationships with targeted high schools and high school counselors for future prospective student recruitment efforts.
- Develop relationships with specific personnel at Fort Hood, Kileen, TX, for transfer student recruitment efforts focused on supporting military (active duty service personnel and dependents) families.
- Some night and evening work is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of student services programs, including student recruitment, advising, and admission policies and procedures.
- Recruiting for the University requires an understanding of University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Position must also be highly familiar with University practices and offerings for prospective students.
- Position must demonstrate a high level of competency in public relations and communication to be able to adapt to the needs of various environments and situations encountered during visitations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong level of accountability and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
Salary Range: $48,000. to $50,000.
The University follows Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations. For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history
- Located in the State of Texas
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 2 years of progressive employment for an institution of higher education.
- Valid driver's license issued by a state within the United States.
- Preference is for position and applicant to be based in Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area, Austin metro area, or Houston metro area.
- Graduate of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Master's degree
Special Instructions to Applicants:• If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:• Applications submitted by December 26, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript (if applicable), will result in automatic disqualification for this position. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40361 - VCAF Admissions
Posting Date: Dec 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shipp, Molly Amanda
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00420127