Who are we:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 10,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by US News & World Report and has earned recognition as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" in 2018 by The Chronicle of Higher Education. Colorado Springs, (pop. 500K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by US News & World report as on of the top Best Places to live in the US. www.choosecoloradosprings.com
The Cybersecurity Coordinator assists with the development and delivery of the Public Safety Initiative's cybersecurity and forensic-related training events, as well as other duties assigned by the Public Safety Initiative (PSI) Program Director. This position assists in providing logistics coordination for all cybersecurity and forensic-related training programs, manages training event data and assists in overall conference management.
Continuation of the position beyond June 30, 2021 is contingent upon the availability of funding.
- Training Program Logistics
- Manages training calendar.
- Assists in managing and coordinating the registration process and timelines for all Public Safety Initiative programs, to include cybersecurity and forensic-related training events.
- Coordinates cybersecurity and forensic-related training events, which may include: speaker scheduling/notifications, catering, tracking attendance, and venue reservations and setup.
- Continually evaluates processes and procedures as related to all aspects of training registration, program offerings, communication, etc. for inefficiencies and improvements.
- Coordinates presentation updates and schedules with presenters/facilitators.
- Creates, maintains and distributes marketing materials for all cybersecurity and forensic-related training events through various communication avenues including the Public Safety Initiative website, other social media platforms, etc.
- Other Duties
- Manages data collection of attendees for all training and provides reporting on each training to the Public Safety Initiative Program Director.
- Collects and distributes training session survey data and provides facilitators and the Public Safety Initiative Program Director with reports and analyses. Utilizes survey data as an avenue to improve future training.
- Implements and maintains new technology related to training registration, data collection, etc.; such as E-Comm, Qualtrics, and SurveyMonkey.
- Maintains updated content on Public Safety Initiative website, and other social media platforms, etc.
- Assists in researching and surveying practitioner training needs in the cybersecurity and computer forensic fields and identifying appropriate training solutions to fit those needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with all aspects of coordinating training programs and events.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cyber community partners, including federal, state, and local public safety agencies, as well as educational institutions.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, public speaking and listening skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Propensity to seek feedback and grow from it; willingness to continuously reflect and improve.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, prepare and present seminars, workshops, and other offerings across both technical and non-technical cyber disciplines.
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution in a field appropriate to the work assignment.
- Two years or more of experience working with local, federal, or state government agencies in cybersecurity, public safety or higher education institutions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a field appropriate to the work assignment.
- One year or more of experience working with community leaders, schools, businesses, and non-profits working in areas related to cybersecurity training or public safety.
- One year or more of experience coordinating special programs and events.
Special Instructions to Applicants:1) Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job number 15318). Applications submitted by email or surface mail will not be considered. 2) Complete applications submitted by 11:59pm on Friday, December 21, 2018 will receive full consideration.
1) Please be prepared to provide five references (at least two previous/current supervisors) upon request, including email contact information. 2) Official transcripts will be required upon hire. 3) Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal and sex offender checks, per campus policy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:1) To receive consideration, applicants are required to submit the following: a) cover letter, b) resume, and c) unofficial transcript for highest degree earned. 2) The cover letter must specifically address how the applicant meets the minimum and, if applicable, preferred qualifications as cited in the Qualifications section of this job posting. 3) Applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40084 - SPA Administrative Operations
Posting Date: Dec 7, 2018
Closing Date: Dec 21, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Knell,LindsayA
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756936