Regional Events Program Manager
Areas of Intereset: Business/Management
Functional Areas: Office of Advancement
Department: CU Alumni Association
Requisition Number: 14908
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 14-Dec-2018
The Regional Events Program Manager is responsible for managing the coordination, planning and logistics for the Alumni Association's events outside the state of Colorado. In particular, this role is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the logisitical components of the CU Boulder Next events. This role will focus on events and outreach initiatives for alumni living in both our large scale (California, New York, Chicago, Seattle) and smaller markets across the United States. This position requires collaboration with other members of the Events and Outreach team as well as university stakeholders in an effort to maximize impact and reach for each event. Strong communication, organization, and relationship management skills are essential. This position will require regular travel outside of Colorado. The Alumni Association's mission is to connect alumni back to the university and to each other. The non-dues model welcomes all students into the Forever Buff family which is 250,000 alumni strong.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder Alumni Association seeks to design, develop and execute innovative strategies to significantly increase the involvement of current and future alumni with the university.
The Alumni Association was established by CU graduates on June 4, 1882, the afternoon after the university’s first commencement. These first alumni recognized the need for an ongoing involvement with the university. Today, the association serves more than 280,000 students and alumni worldwide. We publish the quarterly Coloradan magazine and numerous online communications, produce academic and social programming, fund scholarships and host local, regional and international events throughout the year.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- CU Boulder Next: The Regional Events Program Manager will play a lead role in planning, managing event logistics, and executing our CU Boulder Next program. The CU Boulder Next program is the largest outreach initiative that CU Boulder has undertaken and its aim is to: enhance the university’s reputation and demonstrate the value of a CU Boulder education; connect with alumni and supporters and set the stage for future engagement and philanthropy; promote CU Boulder as a leader in addressing the humanitarian, social and technological challenges of the 21st century. This is a four-year initiative with 2019 being the second year of the program. This position will be responsible for managing all event logistics including: procurement, materials acquisition and management, event staffing, hotel and event space coordination, hospitality preparation and coordination, travel coordination, speaker and attendee support and coordination and pre-event preparations. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying future venues and finalizing future event dates for the program. This position will work closely with both the Assistant Director of Events and Director of Events and Outreach on finalizing program content and speakers, contract negotiation, and managing event debriefs in an effort to continuously improve the program. Manage all expenses and income to achieve budget and serve as the primary point of contact for both external vendors and internal university stakeholders.
- Regional Events: In an effort to build an engaged Forever Buffs community and deepen relationships with our alumni living outside of the Colorado front-range, the Alumni Association will host a series of informal and intimate gatherings with alumni in strategic smaller markets called "Alumni Receptions." These receptions are meant to cultivate more meaningful relationships with alumni in markets that the Alumni Association doesn’t regularly visit and share university accomplishments with alumni, donors, parents and friends of CU Boulder. This position will be responsible for all planning, event logistics, travel coordination, and budget management for this program. Position will be responsible for working with the Advancement marketing team on building and executing successful marketing campaigns, procuring any materials for the program, assisting with building and continuously improving program content, and planning and scheduling event locations. Manage all expenses and income to achieve budget, oversee vendor relationships, and contract negotiations for each event.
- Regional Event Chapter Support: The Regional Events Program Manager will work in partnership with the Chapters and Volunteer Management team to implement regional programs and events in support of local chapters and campus outreach initiatives. This role will require strong skills in communication, relationship management and event management. Depending on the market the outreach and support may vary based on the current level of engagement of alumni in those markets.
- Campaign Events: As CU Boulder gears up for their sesquicentennial (150th) anniversary, the Regional Events Program Manager will work closely with the Events and Outreach team to develop a campaign strategy to support our Advancement colleagues and the university.
What You Should Know
This position requires frequent travel and availability to work evenings and weekends.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range starts at $50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Engaged. Be Unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in planning, managing and executing events.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What You Will Need
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and experience.
- Physical ability to help in event set up (lifting up to 60 lbs).
- Available to travel out of state and to work evenings and weekends.
- Strong organizational skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- CU Boulder graduate a plus.
- Higher education/Alumni Association experience.
- Basic knowledge of SalesForce and Cvent.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 14, 2018 for consideration.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer