Sr. SFDC Developer
Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Development, Architecture, Enterprise CRM
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 14758
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 13-Dec-2018
Many organizations have talked about their CRM as groundbreaking; at CU, we’re living it.
Come join us…
- We are making enterprise CRM a reality - across four campuses - one shared engagement database. We are putting our investment where our caring is - in our constituents. You can be part of a brand new team building the ideal of caring for our constituents in a CRM platform that creates and nurtures meaningful relationships - simply and consistently.
- If you want the intellectual excitement of consulting without the grueling travel or maniacal hours…
- If you want to enjoy your teammates as well as your projects - day in and day out …
- If you want to make a difference for our community, our students and our society …
As the core senior SFDC developer, with your technical expertise, enterprise analysis and development of the Enterprise CRM program, you will deliver constituent relationship management (CRM) through Saleforce.com and related products. Your responsibilities will include technical design, coding, delivery, and improvement of Salesforce.com (SFDC) projects and applications, and technical processes related to those applications. Working closely with the CRM Solutions and Analysis team you will translate requirements into SFDC technical solutions, analyze technical processes, provide technical support and guidance, and facilitate problem identification and solutions. You will also leverage existing Enterprise CRM and CU/OIT shared technical infrastructure, methods and data, including enterprise processes, systems and integrations. You will also establish development guidelines and standards for new campus SFDC applications/services.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
CRM enterprise development & implementation:
- Serve in a technical capacity for major CRM projects and initiatives, working with CRM business analysts, solution architects and operations to design, document, and present options and to implement solutions.
- Develop, maintain, create, and improve validation rules, custom workflows, Visualforce pages, Apex customizations, custom objects, fields, and formulas.
- Recommend, implement, test, and deploy new Apex classes and triggers.
- Perform automated data imports, programmatic data mapping, and data transformation using best practices and tools.
- Perform hands-on software development and unit testing.
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Utilize best practices for continuous build, release, enhancements and bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform.
- Provide technical assistance via the operations team for end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and "how-to" assistance.
- Work with University’s shared technical environment, campus IT architecture, best practices from peer institutions and industry to implement technologies and services.
- Identify, recommend, and execute changes to the development processes, system configurations, and other aspects of the Salesforce.com/CRM service.
- Assist operations team in the development and execution of functional and regression testing, training and documentation.
Technical Analysis and Support for Salesforce.com-related services:
- Analyze manual and automated systems and processes
- Study and translate business requirements by developing technical solutions, analyzing data flows and processes, and incorporating business policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Analyze disparate information systems and develop technical solutions for integrating the systems as required.
- Work with CRM business analysts to learn business requirements and turn those into technical
- Maintain proficiency in SFDC and other related technical certifications.
- Acquire knowledge on development processes and best practices regarding delivering development services to a university campus.
- Take online trainings, attending conferences, seminars and classes, participating in discussions with colleagues and peer institutions.
What We Can Offer
Compensation for this position is market-based, highly competitive and will be driven by relevant background, qualifications and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Ambitious. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field. A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- 3 years of software development in Salesforce.com/CRM and in and object-oriented programming, participation in each phase of full Salesforce.com life-cycle implementations.
- 2+ years of experience in:
- Web front end programming (Javacript) and web services backend development (Java).
- 1+ years of experience:
- Integrating development with modern deployment and release processes (e.g., agile; continuous integration; Jenkins; Git).
- Using Salesforce data tools (e.g., Data Loader, Eclipse Force.com IDE, Gearset).
- Certification as Salesforce Developer (ADM401).
What You Will Need
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Able to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
What We Would Like You To Have
- Certified Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Force.com Advanced Developer (DEV-501) or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce.com Communities experience.
- Experience with relational databases, data modeling, and ETL (Such as Informatica, Boomi, etc.) with Salesforce.com.
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 13, 2018 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer