Behavioral Health Manager
Areas of Intereset: Healthcare
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Counseling and Psych Services
Requisition Number: 14454
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 11-Dec-2018
Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) welcomes applications for a Behavioral Health Manager. This position is responsible for managing the operations and function of the Behavioral Health Service that CAPS maintains within the health service clinics at Wardenburg Health Services. This position will supervise a staff of behavioral health providers at Wardenburg and Williams Village sites. They are responsible for the expansion of services provided within BH services and organizing the delivery of all behavioral services, ensuring adequate staffing and coverage for the program, and providing training for staff and trainees. The Behavioral Health Manager works with the Associate Director of Clinical Services at CAPS and the Wardenburg departments to develop policies and processes to ensure the smooth delivery of behavioral health services. They also provide case management and therapy as needed for respondents/those who are involved in the investigation process for sexual misconduct or protected class discrimination/harassment by the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC).
The anticipated start date for this position is March 1, 2019.
Who We Are
CAPS is committed to the unique mental health needs of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of mental health services in several on-campus locations. CAPS offers confidential mental health and psychiatric services for a variety of concerns such as academics, ADHD, anxiety, eating disorders, depression, relationships, substance use and more. Services include individual, couples, and group counseling, medication management, psychological testing, outreach and consultation, as well as professional training opportunities.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Manage Behavioral Health Team
- Provide formal supervision to members of the Behavioral Health Team to ensure adherence to department's policy, procedure, and productivity standards.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for team members.
Behavioral Health Services
- Provide assessments, brief interventions, and follow-up care/case management for students presenting at the medical/behavioral health clinics.
- Provide crisis intervention and evaluations of patients for mental, emotional or behavioral disorder who come through the medical clinics at Wardenburg and Williams Village.
- Facilitate groups/workshops through the Behavioral Health Clinics.
- Provide consultations and collaborations with providers at both the Wardenburg Health Services and CAPS.
- Provide case management and therapy needed for respondents who are involved in the investigation process for sexual misconduct or protected class discrimination/harassment by the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC).
Administrative and Program Development
- Work with the Associate Director of Clinical Services to develop policies and protocols for the referral and assignment of behavioral health cases.
- Manage the BH schedule to ensure adequate daily coverage.
- Train and supervise senior staff and trainees and BH policies and procedures.
- Conduct seminars for trainees on the BH role and provide clinical supervision or clinical work within the BH service.
- Prove input to the Associate Director of Clinical Services and the Lead of Training with the regard to performance and productivity of staff and trainees who provide BH services.
- Develop and maintain library of resource materials and handouts for students seen in BH.
- Remain abreast of the literature in the evolving field of Behavioral Health.
- Develop data collection and assessment tools and report monthly service trends to the CAPS’ Director and Associate Directors of Clinical Services and Operations.
- Serve as CAPS liaison to Medical Clinical and QI Integration team.
What You Should Know
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Visionary. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master's Degree in Clinical Social Work or Professional Counseling.
- Licensed in the state of Colorado as an LCSW, LPC, LMFT by the date of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience providing psychotherapy and psychological assessment in a mental health setting as a licensed clinician.
- One year of experience in providing Behavioral Health assessment and treatment services.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the Department’s Credentialing and Privileging Department.
- At least one year of supervisory and/or program development experience.
What You Will Need
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a history of strong collaboration and team involvement.
- Position requires basic functional computer skills and experience with EMR.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology and licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in the state of CO by the date of hire.
- Experience with Program Coordination and Development.
- Two years of experience providing mental health services in a college or university student population.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence and social justice issues. Candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and language skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Federal and State standards regarding mental health.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 11, 2018 for consideration.
Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer