Admissions Assistant Director SoCal
Areas of Intereset: Admissions
Functional Areas: Enrollment Management
Department: Office of Admissions
Requisition Number: 14560
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 09-Dec-2018
The Office of Admissions at the University of Colorado is now welcoming applications for an Assistant Director based in the Southern California area (Los Angeles County/Orange County regions preferred) and who will be responsible for recruitment activities in this region. Extensive local and limited out of state travel with weekend and evening work is required.
While overseeing all recruitment activity in southern California you will be representing the University of Colorado Boulder in all admission-related activities in this region, helping determine new initiatives, evaluating existing recruitment efforts and representing CU-Boulder in the Regional Admission Counselors of California (RACC) organization. Provide admission counseling by communicating and interpreting admissions policies and procedures to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, community college administrators and will be responsible for reading/evaluating all admission applications from Southern California.
As the Assistant Director, you will receive minimal supervision in the performance of daily routine and it will involve long periods of driving and participation at recruitment events in evening and weekend programs. Individual must maintain a home office.
Who We Are
As one of only 34 U.S. public research institutions in the Association for American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is committed to discovering new knowledge and solving the humanitarian, social and technological challenges of our time. With dynamic research and innovative workspaces, we encourage everyone in the Buff community to push boundaries, explore the unknown and turn new ideas into productive outcomes that change lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Determine in coordination with the Senior Assistant Director of Admissions, CU Boulder recruitment activities in Southern California.
- Create a recruitment schedule and strategy based on specific, targeted high schools throughout the region.
- Represent CU Boulder to a broad range of constituents at college fairs, community college visits, large scale receptions and other recruitment activities in this region.
- Pull and analyze historical data to inform recruitment strategy.
- Review and make admission decisions on all applicants from assigned region and other assigned regions.
- Regularly pulls and analyzes applicant lists to ensure a smooth admissions process for students.
Help determine new recruitment and yield initiatives in Southern California.
- Identify new markets, participate in new activities on a trial basis and evaluating the outcome of those events and working to position CU Boulder at the forefront of prospective students, high schools, and college in California.
- Become an active participant in Regional Admission Counselors of California (RACC) organization. Inclusive of attending conferences, regular meetings and college fairs conducted throughout the state of California.
- Participation in recruitment outside of Southern California may be required.
Conduct admission presentations to various populations.
- Advise and counsel prospects, applicants, and students on University admissions policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with constituents in the university, high school, other institutions of higher education, government agencies, community based organizations and professional organizations regarding the admission of students to CU Boulder.
Coordinate Alumni volunteers in the Southern California area.
- Develop relationships, coordinating alumni for events, conducting in person training to new volunteers and acting as a liaison between the regional alumni and the Coordinator for the CU Boulder Volunteer Recruitment Team.
- Participate in staff development activities including appropriate university workshops, conferences and programs, and state and national professional organizations. This will require multiple trips back to the state of Colorado throughout the year.
- Provide assistance, as needed, to other student administrative services and university offices and agencies on a regular and occasional basis.
What You Should Know
This position works for the University of Colorado Boulder, however, will reside in and work remotely from the Southern California (Los Angeles) area.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range Starts at $47,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Two years of student recruitment experience, which includes experience overseeing a recruitment territory.
- Valid driver's license
What You Will Need
- Ability to drive to local high schools and other venues for weekly visits and fairs. Some overnight travel will also be required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse group of people within Enrollment Management, across campus, and outside of the University.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Over three years working with student recruitment at a collegiate institution.
- Public speaking experience.
- Familiarity using various office software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and student information systems.
- Knowledge of University of Colorado Boulder.
- Knowledge of admission and recruitment practices in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 9, 2018 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer