JOB NO.: 106691-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/SA III/SA-ORTHO
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 106691
Working Title: VETERINARY TECH
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 3(35303) or VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878820-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/SA III/SA-ORTHO
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
This is an advanced level position providing extensive specialized technical support to the daily operational needs of the surgery ward and Dentistry and Oral Surgery Service of the UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments with respect to both instructional and technical responsibilities. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. The work is performed under general supervision. Responsibilities may include, but are
not limited to:
1) Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions to clinicians, residents, students, animal owners and referral veterinarians.
2) Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility in area of specialization including maintenance of special equipment, instructing others in use and care, assisting clinician and students in procedures.
3) Anticipates needs of clinicians, staff and students during procedures and in primary animal care.
4) Participates in the instruction of professional veterinary students and training of entry level veterinary technicians as requested.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e., communication with other UWVC staff, supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Assists faculty and residents with clinically related research.
7) Provides treatments for patients in ward.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm (with a 30-minute lunch); Flexible shifts as needed
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 21 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time