LECTURER IN GEOGRAPHY
JOB NO.: 95705-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 95705-AS
Working Title: Lecturer in Geography
Official Title: SENIOR LECTURER(D80BN) or LECTURER(D80DN) or ASSOC LECTURER(D80FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 04, 2019
Term: This position will end on MAY 19, 2019.
Minimum $34,772 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Minimum of Master's Degree in Geography, GIS, Cartography or related discipline.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- M.A. or M.S. in Geography, GIS, Cartography or Related Discipline
- Knowledge and familiarity with the following software: ArcGIS Desktop and Canvas (or similar LMS, e.g., Moodle, D2L, Blackboard, etc.)
- Academic or professional experience in GIS or cartography
- Your own computer (minimum 8GB RAM) with a fast internet connection (minimum 12mb/second). Note: we will provide the required software.
- Previous teaching experience at a community college or university
- Previous teaching experience of professional students
- Previous teaching experience online
- A willingness to do conduct some of your work outside of regular work hours (e.g., evenings and weekends)
- Professional experience using GIS
License or certificate:
Lead instructor for online section of Geography 370, Introduction to Cartography, 20% and Geography 377, Fundamentals of GIS, 20% for the GIS Professional Programs in the Department of Geography. These courses introduce the core concepts of GIS and teach students how to apply these concepts using ArcGIS tools (primarily desktop, but hopefully, ArcGIS Pro as well).
There is a possibility this position can be extended in subsequent semesters to teach one or more of course(s) listed on this PVL, or similar courses within the department. This position may become renewable if there is a need for an ongoing appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
How to Apply: Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process.
For questions on the position, contact Director of GIS Professional Programs, Ian Muehlenhaus at [email protected]
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and a document with contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 21 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time