ITS END USER SERVICES TECH SUPPORT
JOB NO.: 96820-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/FAMILY MED/INFO SYS
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96820-AS
Working Title: ITS End User Services Tech Support
Official Title: INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 10, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum one year of basic help desk/IT service desk experience required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and basic troubleshooting methods required.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting and repairing PC computer hardware required.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting, installing, and use of Microsoft operating systems and use of Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience working with JIRA systems (Service Desk and Confluence) required.
- Experience with Apple-based computers and IOS (iPads and iPhones) devices required.
- Expert knowledge in the use of Internet applications such as e-mail and web browsers required.
- Experience creating technical documentation for ITS processes as well as materials for end-user education required.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience with system administration and TCP/IP networking required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop operating systems: Windows 10 and Windows 7 required.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex hardware, software and network management required.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and ability to establish and maintain relationships with management and staff.
Prefix assignment determined by years of relevant work experience.
License or certificate:
This ITS End User Services Tech Support coordinator provides tier-1 technology support within the ITS End-User Services Team for multiple sites within the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH) (six in the Madison/Dane County area), and coordinates delivery of services to department customers. This position reports to and works under the general supervision of the ITS Director and requires a broad knowledge of general IT concepts, principles, practices, and techniques and expertise spanning multiple technologies across data network, file server, hardware, mobile technology, cloud-based systems, and software platforms. Other primary responsibilities of this position include IT equipment procurement and inventory maintenance. Provide assistance and backup support for DFMCH network administrators, focus on supporting the operational needs, education priorities, and research mission of the department, and performing other miscellaneous projects.
The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health has an annual operating budget of approximately $90 million with a $20 million budget for physician compensation and includes 36 cost centers. The Department consists of over 700 full-time faculty and staff including 230 faculty, 110 residents and fellows, 90 academic staff, 225 classified staff, and 30 student employees as well as 700+ volunteer faculty and manages clinics and programs in several statewide operational areas including DFMCH Central Administration, Madison Campus Residency program, pre-doctoral program, and multiple clinical/research/education sites in the greater Madison area (Belleville, Northeast, Verona, Wingra).
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
This position is expected to work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday; evening or weekend hours may be required.
Some travel within the state may be required. Must provide own transportation or drivers license and eligibility for Car Fleet usage as necessary.
To see the principal duties of this position, please click on the 'Full Position Details" link below.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter as a part of the application process. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum / preferred qualifications for the position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 7 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 4 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time