University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Temporary Marketing Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Assist the University of Colorado School of Medicine's Wilderness Medicine Section to promote its classes, programs, and brand. Principle role is to market pre-med classes. Research and identify potential student populations. Use social media to create a buzz among undergrads and recent grads interested in medical school. Assist with graphic design, web layout, and other visual media as needed.
1. Create buzz among pre-med students using social media in efficient and innovative ways
2. Maintain robust pre-med web site, keeping it interesting, current, and accurate (this may be more Bre's purview)
3. Research contacts in pre-med world (pre-med advisors, pre-med clubs, pre-med student discussion groups, strategic geographic areas, etc.)
4. Research and create marketing approaches to promote First Year Medical Student program
5. Assist with graphic design work
6. Assist with targeted diversity outreach
7. Research and create initial marketing approaches to gap year students and international pre-med students
8. Develop metrics to measure penetration/impact of our efforts
Required/Preferred Education, Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
1. An Associate's degree or two years of college in communications, marketing or relevant filed
2. Two years of experience with and passion for social media
3. Creative, entrepreneurial spirit
4. Web design skills and experience
5. Self-directed and responsible
6. Graphic design experience and skills
7. Attention to detail with strong written communication skills
8. Knowledge of pre-med, med student, medical world
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY, refer to requisition 14885.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Frances Schulz at [email protected] Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Oct 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00696373