Contract Coordinator - Purchasing (107345)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is hiring two (2) Contract Coordinators in the Purchasing Office. The Contract Coordinator, under administrative supervision, the Contracts Coordinator manages a wide range of procurement and contracting responsibilities within a University of Illinois central purchasing unit. Using established standards of good business practice and sound fiscal management, the Contracts Coordinator negotiates and oversees contractual relationships that are in the best interest of the University for a wide range of commodities and services. The Contracts Coordinator also develops and delivers procurement education and systems training for the campus community.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists colleges and departments in the development and review of specifications and bidding requirements for solicitations and contract documents. Determines the best method for procuring goods and services in accordance with procurement regulations and guidelines.
- Negotiates pricing and contractual terms and conditions that are in the best interests of the University, assuring necessary rules and regulations are employed in the contract process and legal requirements are incorporated into all agreements. Prepares recommendations for Board of Trustees approval and/or award.
- Acts as liaison with colleges and departments to provide assistance and guidance during the evaluation phase of procurements. May serve as a member of an evaluation team. Conducts financial analysis of all proposals submitted by third parties and reviews departmental recommendations for consistency and accuracy.
- Provides guidance to University units regarding standard purchasing procedures, as well as state, federal and University rules and regulations.
- Documents the sourcing and contracting process, ensuring rules, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Assists with the training and education of purchasing staff, as well as staff in campus colleges and departments.
- Conducts research associated with market trends of commodities and services and reviews price index publications in order to assess fair market values of goods and services.
- Reviews purchase orders for accuracy and approves orders as allowed by level of authorization.
- Works with the campus community to identify procurement opportunities and collaborates with other procurement professionals to develop sourcing strategies and initiate bids/requests for proposals that are in the best interest of the University.
- Coordinates and conducts pre-bid/pre-proposal meetings and other related procurement activities to provide an overview of the project, clarifies procurement processes and procedures, and facilitates vendor networking.
- Serves as a University contact for vendors regarding procurement policies and procedures and obtains information regarding products, prices and service proposals.
- Reviews requests for change orders or amendments and prepares documents to implement contract revisions.
- Provides technical assistance to contractors to resolve deficiencies affecting the administration and approval of contracts, and performs other contract administration related activities.
- Prepares various reports related to procurement and contracting activities as requested by management.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities appropriate for a Contracts Coordinator.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or field related to the position.
- Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which
was at an administrative level
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in public procurement.
- Knowledge of the Illinois Procurement Code and University procedures related to contracting and procurement.
- Proficiency with business, procurement or contract management applications.
- Knowledge about Banner to perform specialized data entry applications related to document production/processing.
- Knowledge and respect of policies and procedures outlined for the University of Illinois, OBFS, and department.
- Knowledge about guidelines set forth in the following publications/resources: The General Rules Concerning University Organization and Procedure; Campus Administrative Manual; University of Illinois Statutes; Policy and Rules for Civil Service Staff; Civil Service Statute and Rules; and Handbook for Good Ethical Practice for Faculty and Staff at the University of Illinois.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple comprehensive projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad group of constituents to effectively resolve issues.
- Ability to analyze situations, exercise independent judgment and recommend solutions to problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge about general office operations and procedures to effectively contribute toward the success of operations and services administered by the department and ensure the accuracy of information provided to offices/persons seeking assistance from this office.
- Excellent keyboarding, grammar, and proofreading skills, with strong emphasis on accuracy and applicable formats and criteria, to prepare and process correspondence, reports, and other documents that appropriately reflect University and department standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as proficiency with an Internet browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or comparable browser).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively interact with University and departmental officials/staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships.
- Proficiency with office equipment including calculators, photocopiers, printers, digital senders, and facsimile machines.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines while staying on task with daily assignments.
- Ability to maintain electronic and paper filing systems containing confidential information.
This is a full-time Civil Service Business/Administrative Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (month and year must be included), and academic credentials (a copy of unofficial transcripts or diploma are acceptable) by December 14, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including contact information for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Carmen Vetter, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Chancellor
Title: Contract Coordinator - Purchasing (107345)
Open Date: 12/07/2018
Close Date: 12/14/2018
Organization Name: Purchasing Office