Commensurate with Experience
UCR ARTS opened to the public in 2010, bringing together the California Museum of Photography and the Barbara and Art Culver Center of the Arts. Located three miles from UCR's main campus, Reporting to the Executive Director at UCR ARTS, and working collaboratively with all UCR ARTS curators, exhibition design team, registrar, and the Director of Education & Academic Relations, the Exhibition Manager will provide key logistical support for all exhibitions developed at both the California Museum of Photography and the Culver Center of the Arts. The Exhibition Manager will work closely with the curatorial team on the development and execution of exhibitions and related projects including the coordination of in-house and traveling exhibitions, supporting the development of exhibition-related publications such as brochures and catalogues, and drafting and coordinating exhibition contracts & agreements and tour proposal materials. The Exhibition Manager will represent UCR ARTS to the outside community, in particular with artists, galleries, and museums. Anticipated starting salary for this position is $65,000.
Knowledge of the principles of conservation, security, and environmental controls, ADA requirements for public buildings, and awareness of visitor needs.
Knowledge of museum exhibition design field and current trends.
Knowledge of exhibition production and related construction work.
Working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, including safety rules and regulations.
Supervisory and leadership abilities.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to write correspondence, reports, and publishable materials.
Strong editorial skills
The successful candidate is a savvy communicator that builds relationships across a broad and diverse spectrum. They will need to be able to manage tight schedules and varied personalities. They will regularly communicate with artists, museum and gallery professionals, UCR ARTS staff, community members, faculty, and campus constituents and are expected to do so in a way that promotes the success of the exhibition and the goals of the organization.
Knowledge of museum loan agreements & contracts.
Ability to discreetly and tactully recognize and address sensitive or confidential information.
Thorough knowledge of contemporary art with emphasis on photography.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview