Food Service Supervisor - Chick-fil A
Food Service Supervisor - Chick-fil A
Food Service Supervisor
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Supervisor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Daily supervision of food presentation and exceptional Guest service in the Retail Department.
* Supervision of internal or national food service brand concepts.
* Ordering, receiving and stocking inventory.
* Training in-house and brand standards.
* Opening or closing assigned areas.
* Supervising/instructing the work of cooks and other food service employees.
This position will require the following of all food safety policies, procedures, and standards for in house or national brand compliance. This role typically functions as an expert in a specified area of work or services (brand standards, service standards, production standards, equipment usage,) etc. Duties are standardized. Will be required to work some weekends.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year of supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, or training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions; ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions.
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale.
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures.
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Required: Must be Food Safe Certified or able to obtain certification within 6 months. Ability to obtain a Health Certificate as issued by the Denton City-County Health Department.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years of supervisory experience.
* Great work ethic.
* Outgoing personality.
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new Union Retail Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
* Please note there are several locations available for the Food Service Supervisor position. These locations include Taco Bueno, Starbucks, Burger King, Fuzzy's Taco and Which Wich Sandwiches.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting