Facilities Admin - 356000
Facilities Management has a mission to provide a clean, safe environment for the staff, faculty, students, and public and to provide the highest level of customer service and quality of work in order to support the mission of the University.
The UNT Health Science Center is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Custodial Foreperson to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Oversee daily sign in and nightly shift assignments.
* Distribute keys and maintain logs.
* Assist Manager with the development and maintenance of individual work schedules according to APPA standards.
* Develop and train team leaders.
* Oversee floor care program.
* Distribute work order assignments.
* Ensure staff compliance with UNTHSC policies and regulations.
* Oversee building inspections and audit forms.
* Oversee distribution of custodial supplies.
* Generate and distribute department documents.
* Create special events, detailing and seasonal cleaning plans.
* Conduct weekly team meetings with assistants and team leaders.
* Assist manager with inventory, receiving, organizing, maintaining and distributing all custodial supplies and equipment.
* Assist manager with hiring and firing process of night shift employees.
* Transport self and/or others in state vehicle during performance of duties.
* Contribute to a safe environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
* Work well with others in a professional, respectful manner and promote teamwork.
* Except when notified of leaving town, must be on-call and be able to be contacted in case of emergency by home phone, and/or cell phone.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be bi-lingual (Spanish and English speaking).
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years Supervisory experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
4:30PM - 1:00AM M-F
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled