Mechanical Engineer #2
Requisition # 2018-9687
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Work involves the application of standard mechanical engineering principles and procedures. Assignments usually include one or more of the following: design and development of equipment, test of materials, preparation of specifications and technical procedures, process study.
- Develop designs compliant with all technical requirement
- Produce documentation that establishes the design basis and supports the design review process
- Produce documentation that supports procurement activities
- Oversee fabrication activities at suppliers' facilities
- Resolve timely issues that may impede progress with their tasks
- Produce accurate, reliable input to the cost and scheduling planning process
- Adhere to planned cost and schedule during the execution phase
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree.
- More than 4-years' experience in mechanical systems design, integration and installation for complex equipment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree.
- Experience performing analysis, e.g. ANSYS.
- Experience designing components and systems compatible with ultra high vacuum.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.