Job Description Summary:
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
The George Washington University Health Workforce Institute (GWHWI) seeks a highly qualified health services researcher for a Post-Doctoral Scientist position. The GWHI is a university-wide initiative to strengthen health workforce policies in the United States and around the world. The GWHWI is housed in the Department of Health Policy and Management and its members represent the Milken Institute School of Public Health, School of Nursing, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, School of Business, Graduate School of Education & Human Development, and the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy & Public Administration.
The Post-Doctoral Scientist will be part of a team focused on health workforce research, including emerging issues, health equity, education, and training. This position is a one-year, full-time position that may be renewed based on funding and satisfactory performance.
• Data collection, processing, and analysis.
• Performing statistical analyses, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data, designing and writing programs to perform analyses, and producing written reports on the result of the analyses.
• Assisting faculty researchers and/or independently planning and designing research; establishing priorities and recommending schedules.
• Presenting project results to internal and external parties.
• Communicating with other departments, outside collaborators, and others to ensure success of project.
• Writing of technical publications and reports.
• Training graduate assistants or student employees.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a PhD in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong background in econometrics and labor economics;
• Significant knowledge in quantitative data analysis, with an understanding of research methodology including study design, IRB protocol review, study implementation, data collection, data analysis, and the write up of results;
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting;
• A good command of written and spoken English; and
• A PhD or equivalent degree in health policy, public policy, or health administration.
• knowledge of workforce and claims data sources
• experience supervising and/or mentoring students
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? Posting Number: R000661 Job Open Date: 10/08/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter