AMBULATORY CARE NURSE (STUDENT HEALTH)
AMBULATORY CARE NURSE (STUDENT HEALTH)
STUDENT HEALTH CENTER-ADMINISTRATIVE
Nature of Responsibilities:Plan and provide professional nursing care for patients at Duke Student Health in accordance with provider orders and established policies and procedures.
Experience in college health or an ambulatory care setting is preferred.
Specific Duties 40% of Effort
- Assess, identify and address patient concerns at each encounter (in person and/or over the telephone).
- Determine patient needs/concerns.
- Complete assessment as appropriate.
- Document acquired information/data concisely and appropriately in Electronic Medical Record in accordance with established guidelines.
- Schedule appointments based on patient acuity and needs, demonstrating appropriate clinical judgment.
- Provide patient education as appropriate.
- Assist patients with utilizing other resources within student health,university, medical center and community.
- Communicate with and contribute to the health care team as appropriate.
- Plan and provide professional nursing care for travel clinic patients in accordance with orders and established policies and procedures to include the following:
- evaluate the need for travel vaccines based on patient's/group's itinerary,
- provide patient/group education regarding travel vaccines and travel risks,
- explain vaccine recommendations and requirements to patient/group, and
- administer travel vaccines as ordered by a provider or by standing order.
- Plan and provide professional nursing care for allergy clinic patients in accordance with orders and established policies and procedures to include the following: review orders from allergist, communicate with allergist as needed, and administer vaccine as ordered or alter dose based on patient's response and allergist's order.
- Administer vaccines/patient medications per provider order or standing order; administer and document medications and therapies according to established policies and procedures;document adverse reactions when they occur.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care;provider direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of material resources; appraise quality and effectiveness of material and equipment and report results to head nurse; maintain standards of cleanliness in assigned area; observe activities of nursing staff and make recommendations to head nurse for improvement in the quality and effectiveness of nursing care given.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
618 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. State of North Carolina licensure is also required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher)will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Requires 1 year of nursing experience
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.