Applications and Infrastructure - ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
Vacancy ID S2352 Job Title ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER Department Applications and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Information Technology Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 11/01/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.20 Normal Start Time 08:30 Normal End Time 17:00 Position/Job Summary
Develop and maintain software solutions to support the business of the College and the student experience. Participate in business requirements gathering and technical design. Work with the application architect, administrators, and end users, identify the right tools for the job, implement changes in software, collaborate on automated and manual testing, and look for opportunities for continuous improvement.
1. Develop or modify complex software programs from specifications.
2. Participate in business requirements gathering and technical design.
3. Build testing strategies and plans based on project requirements and system design.
4. Implement automated and manual test procedures to ensure that all software enhancements meet or exceed functional design specifications and performance standards.
5. Design new procedures and new technology integration to improve efficiency and service; research new architecture and recommend implementation.
6. Design user experiences with clear navigation, usability, and accessibility. As appropriate, adhere to visual design standards established by College Relations and Communications.
7. Ensure user interface-level security to protect against unauthorized access of screen/functions and establish systems to prevent malicious injections.
8. Write documentation related to development work and share ideas with the team.
9. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades, and patches of in-house developed and purchased software solutions as appropriate.
10. Assist with troubleshooting code and identifying resolution of program errors or bugs.
11. Enhance the development process by identifying, proposing, and implementing improvements.
12. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years' experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; proficiency in Oracle SQL development, PHP or similar scripting languages; experience with process automation and continuous integration; strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and respectfully within a diverse environment; experience working in an agile development team required. Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $65,000 to $71,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).