Office Support Specialist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-07-2018
The position provides essential support for the teaching and research activities of the faculty and students in the department through clerical and secretarial functions (e.g., general office work).
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
- 36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
- 60 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Knowledge of the organization, programs, and policies of ISU
2. Advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills.
3. Organizational ability and skill at handling multiple tasks at once.
4. Interpersonal skills and communication skills; ability to work effectively with new people.
5. Experience with database entry and basic web page editing.
6. Ability to be somewhat conversant in basic chemistry jargon, i.e., educational work equivalent to completing a year of general chemistry or related scientific/work experience.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.