The Institute for Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy (IPOP) is seeking a talented Database Analyst/Visualization Manager to work in Frankfort, KY, on a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. The person in this role must be able to write complex SQL queries, conduct statistical data analyses, and report findings to key stakeholders. This position is responsible for utilizing various business intelligence tools in order to visualize collected data. The candidate must be able to share their findings to clients of all technical skill levels.
This position is located in Frankfort, KY.
Database Analyst/Visualization Manager
7K725:INSTITUTE FOR PHARMACEUTICAL OUTCOMES AND POLICY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting/standing for long periods of time; using a computer for most of the day.
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
Development and management skills in BI/BA tools, Informatica, Tableau, T-SQL and PL/SQL. Strong communication skills (verbal and written); knowledge and experience in a health care environment.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Preferred experience in working with various data types including healthcare data. Basic statistical skills.
Driver's license preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you hold working on projects that involved integrating and analyzing healthcare data?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please indicate how many years of paid work experience you have with Tableau or other business intelligence software.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience in database administration, database management, and or SQL design.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * Please describe your experience working with data collection systems or database management.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter