Title III Activity Coordinator
Title III Activity Coordinator
Position Number: 10066350
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 12/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Title III Activity Coordinator. The Title III Activity Coordinator will coordinate with faculty, staff, and administrators in several departments and offices across the campuses to ensure that the project is meeting the proposed goals and objectives and remains in compliance with the U. S. Department of Education regulations. The Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day management of the project, guiding the development of college success and academic courses with career experiences. The position will supervise all funded personnel. This position is Grant Funded.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Title III Activity Coordinator will:
- Provide oversight for staff engaged in development of SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration) project
- Establish, maintain and communicate mission and objectives of the project to the Title III staff and UNG as a whole
- Prepare monthly progress reports, financial statements and records on program activities to Title III Project Director, President and Task Force
- Develop career services component in concert with appropriate personnel in Student Affairs
- Foster college-wide participation in the implementation of the Project
- Coordinate data collection for internal and external evaluations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of student support services, insight into needs, abilities, and expectations of college students.
- Evidence of effective collaboration with staff and faculty on relevant projects.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications and the ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Ability to use software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to represent Title III to internal and external audiences.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Masters in student development and/or academic discipline required; doctorate preferred
- Minimum five years teaching and/or administrative experience in similar institutions.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check and a credit check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Identify Verification: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.