Assistant Director of Academic Testing
Requisition Number STA - 201000000687
Job Title Assistant Director of Academic Testing
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Academic Testing.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The Assistant Director of Testing is responsible for leading the staff, budget, activities and initiatives of the testing center, and the Texas Success Initiative in order to meet student assessment and placement needs and to track relevant data. The Assistant Director strives to maintain a testing environment that is supportive of all students, faculty, and staff, and ensures that tests are administered fairly and consistently. In addition, the Assistant Director functions as a TSI advisor, and is responsible to stay abreast of Texas laws and policies regarding developmental education courses and placement. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
TSI Administration and Advising
- Serves as day-to-day supervisor for professional and student testing center staff regarding training, professional development and performance related matters.
- Reviews TSI scores and assessment information with students to determine course placement and plan for success in meeting TSI requirements.
- Updates Student records for TSI completion.
- Develops an Academic Success Plan document that provides a pathway to TSI complete status.
- Engages in pro-active outreach to students enrolled in remediation, to help ensure accomplishment of Academic Success Plan.
- Provides ongoing diagnostic reports to Director of Academic Advising & Student Success on the status of the TSI program and participating students.
- Coordinates with English and Math faculty on changes to TSI courses, and ensures proper administration of TSI courses.
- May assist Academic Support Specialists in conducting TSI reviews as necessary.
- Assists Student Success Advising team with TSI course enrollment issues.
- Stays abreast of updates to TSI law and policy.
- Submits annual DEPS report detailing institution's developmental education program.
- Coordinates with Office of Strategic Analysis and Reporting on completion of CBM002 report.
- Overall administration of university testing including TSI, Accuplacer, CLEP, classroom testing, placement exams, and non-UNT proctored testing.
- Determines testing appointment schedule for academic and proctored exams.
- Manages testing labs and proctored exams.
- Coordinates the gathering of information and preparation of schedules, reports, and analyses.
- Manages ETS Proficiency Profile and Major Field Tests.
- Conducts or arranges Departmental Testing as requested.
- Participates in Monthly reconciliation of testing revenues collected with Administrative Specialist.
- Conducts workshops for standardized and graduate examinations.
- Coordinate purchasing of Accuplacer, TSI, and other testing units.
- Plans and develops new and relevant testing programs and opportunities.
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining academic support web content and website (website administration).
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree and three years of experience in student services, testing, academic advising, or other related experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to TSI administration.
- Knowledge of proctoring/academic testing operating procedures and best practices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Counseling, or related experience and at least two years of direct experience in a university testing center, or another testing environment.
- Direct experience working to support the Texas Success Initiative in a college atmosphere.
- Ability to organize and relate data into identifiable patterns of behavior and development.
- Commitment to student success and passion for working with diverse undergraduate populations.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, or another student information system.
- Experience working with non-traditional and first-generation college students.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some evenings and weekends
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Do you have Three Years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience do you have?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)