Staff - Employee Relations Officer
Staff - Employee Relations Officer
Location: Pecan Plaza
Min Salary: $63,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 1/6/2019
General Statement of Job:
The Employee Relations Officer is responsible for developing and conducting supervisor training regarding employment law, employee/labor relations, personnel policies and procedures. Develops and implements employee relations process to ensure thorough and timely investigations involving employee complaints and grievances. Conducts investigations and reports related to sexual harassment/harassment, discrimination, and other applicable cases, as well as provides trainings and guidance to faculty and staff on employee relations issues and/or incidents. Conducts background checks. Participates in Title IX committee and others as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and conducts supervisor training with Director of Human Resources to foster positive attitude toward college goals and mission and to foster effective employee relations.
- Reviews existing policies and procedures and recommends new and/or revised policies and procedures as necessary.
- Coordinates with administration issues regarding employee relations and assists in formulation of appropriate solutions.
- Formulates procedures for supervisors, according to college policy, objectives and mission and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist college legal counsel on employment issues.
- Gathers information on employees’ perceptions that affect employee morale, motivation and efficiency.
- Provides college personnel assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems within college to facilitate communication and improve employee human relations and work performance.
- Monitors complaint and grievance process and adherence to timelines.
- Maintains records of grievance actions; formal investigations and complaints.
- Conducts research, interviews employees and other witnesses, and handles other details in preparation for internal investigations and violations of college policies and discovers pertinent facts bearing on claim of grievant.
- Prepares affidavits and maintains document files.
- Acts as Mediator, Arbitrator and/or Liaison between disputing parties on personnel matters.
- Provides training to grievance committees.
- Assists Director with human resource projects.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in employee/labor relations required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
- Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Title IX Investigator certification, preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
For additional information and to apply, visit https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/11441
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency