Book Production Asst
Book Production Asst
Job Number: 81392
Thanks for your interest in the Book Production Asst position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 679 open jobs by clicking here.
Education & Experience:
Associate degree and one year of experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current and traditional book manufacturing processes and terminology.
- Book production and manufacturing experience.
- Including knowledge of copy, editorial, project management, and the basic rudiments of art and design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Verbal and written
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency with current office technology.
- Ability to interface with internal departments and external book publication/production community.
- Understanding of typical book production graphic software, such as Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with TeX and LaTeX formatting programs highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn management of print projects and traditional and digital printing practices.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >50 pounds.
- Good visual acuity including color vision.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty and odorous environment.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Dean of Research, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency