Nursing Faculty (F427)
School/College: School of Nursing
Department: Entry Level Masters
Location: Inland Empire Regional Campus
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for Full-time faculty positions in various programs. The School offers the following programs: BSN, RN to BSN, and Entry Level Master’s.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and research
- Awareness of healthcare dynamics and changing nursing roles
- Active engagement in Curriculum and Program development
- Desire and ability to maintain scholarly activities
- Enthusiastic advising /mentoring of students in coursework and professional endeavors
- Participate in program review and accreditation reporting
- Participate in faculty governance
- Maintain clinical specialization
- Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
- Demonstrate clinical teaching informed by evidence-based practice
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of teaching methods
- Model a passion for learning and excellence in classroom and clinical settings
- Assist students to achieve competence in practice
Specialization: Clinical specialization
Responsibilities: This position will develop and teach undergraduate and pre-licensure graduate courses and contribute to the teaching and scholarship. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for active research. May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites or teach online.
Level: Instructor/Assistant Professor
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or closely related discipline. May consider Masters with extensive clinical experience
- Active California Registered Nurse license or eligible to acquire
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.