Oregon State University Ecampus is a fast-growing, innovative organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The Marketing Manager is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Marketing and is a critical member of the creative services team, supporting marketing and communications strategies that promote the goals of the division and its programs.
The Marketing Manager will take a lead role in both marketing planning and marketing management for OSU Ecampus degree programs, special initiatives and internal Ecampus clients. This position creates, implements and tracks targeted marketing plans and campaigns, which rely heavily on online marketing and communications tactics. The Marketing Manager will make decisions about allocating resources within a marketing budget, selecting the appropriate media mix, collaborating on content creation and design assets.
This position collaborates with fellow members of the marketing team, in addition to the web/IT and enrollment services team, and works closely with internal Ecampus clients, including members of the leadership team.
A primary focus for this position is leading digital marketing efforts for the OSU Ecampus brand and online degree programs. This position will help manage digital marketing efforts for the division and collaborate closely with vendors. The Marketing Manager will develop digital strategy collaboratively with Ecampus’ digital marketing agency of record and work with other marketing and communication managers to produce digital ad content. This position will track campaigns, engage in assessment and act upon analytics to make data-informed decisions.
Oregon State Ecampus and the University as a whole is committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. The Marketing Manager will work to ensure marketing materials are inclusive to all, including meeting accessibility standards as well as visually representing the diverse range of identities of online adult learners across the world in an effort to promote and enhance diversity.
(60%) – Marketing Planning / Implementation / Project Management:
• Manages marketing for OSU Ecampus degree programs, Ecampus special initiatives and internal division clients
• Drafts, modifies and manages annual marketing plans for internal and external Ecampus clients
• Determines, leads and implements tactics to meet year-round marketing goals. Sample tactics include online and traditional paid media and creation of print and web marketing and email communication
• Works collaboratively with internal and external clients as well as other members of the marketing and enrollment services team to implement strategies and tactics
• Determines media mix and coordinating design, production and distribution of marketing materials
• Engages in routine assessment of efforts via analytics, surveys, enrollment tracking and measuring return on investment
(35%) – Digital Marketing Management:
• Manages relationship with digital marketing vendor of record
• Develops, implements and manages digital marketing campaigns that promote Oregon State Ecampus and online degree programs, including creating digital ads / microsites / landing pages to optimize user experience
• Enhances brand awareness within the digital space as well as supporting driving website traffic and acquiring leads
• Oversees the digital marketing budget, tracking spend, managing pacing and adjusts to meet division and program goals
• Utilizes web analytics tools to measure digital ad engagement and optimize marketing campaigns
• Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
• Identifies trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
• Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies and plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests
• Collaborates with marketing team to develop and implement social media strategy for target campaigns
(5%) – Professional Development and Service:
• Attends professional development workshops and meetings related to duties as assigned, sharing knowledge and networking with other marketing professionals
• Enhances expertise by reading appropriate professional journals and trade publications
• Provides service to OSU by working on team, division, university, regional and national committees and projects and participates in Ecampus events
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.