Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Job Number: 81390
Thanks for your interest in the Senior Linux Systems Engineer position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 693 open jobs by clicking here. Minimum Requirements
- Education: Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
We're looking for folks with deep expertise with these kinds of technologies:
- All things Linux: Debian and Ubuntu; Red Hat, CentOS and Oracle distributions
- Puppet for systems configuration
- Nginx, Apache and SQL-related technologies
- NFS, CIFS and other network file protocols
- High-performance networking, load balancer and proxy configuration
- RAID enterprise storage, NetApp filer
- SAML and Kerberos authentication
- LDAP directory services
- Git for code management
- Python, Ruby, Go, bash or other scripting expertise
- AWS, GCP or Azure cloud engineering
- Code-defined infrastructure: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Containerization, CoreOS and Docker
- VMware virtual infrastructure technologies, storage and networking
- DataDog monitoring; Splunk log aggregation; OpsGenie on-call dispatch
- CarbonBlack binary whitelisting; Duo 2FA; OSSEC and tripwire
- Exposed to high voltage electricity, noise >80dB TWA, confined spaces, hot temperatures, heavy metals.
- Occasional extended hours and some weekends
We're moving offices. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in Spring 2019, will bring together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center. As part of our telecommute options, we have Stanford locations in San Francisco, Newark and San Jose and a supportive work-anywhere program for our Bay Area staff.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Job Code: 4833
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency