Research Nurse 2
Research Nurse 2
Job Number: 81387
The Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU) is the leading academic center at Stanford Medicine responsible to providing ambulatory and laboratory research services towards over 300+ clinical trials and research projects. The center is a multidisciplinary organizational unit, whose mission is to streamline, accelerate, and promote the translation of basic discoveries into practical solutions that improve human health in the community.
Spectrum, the Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research is seeking a Research Nurse 2, who will be under the direction of the CTRU Research Nurse Manager. The Research Nurse 2 will apply medical knowledge and experience to administer treatments, to oversee and direct clinical course of research participants (adult and pediatric) in clinical trials, and to assess physical health throughout the study aligned with "Scope of Practice.” The Research Nurse 2 will also oversee study conduct and ensure study participant safety.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Current chemotherapy/biotherapy certification preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in nursing or equivalent, and five years of experience in nursing, with at least two years in a research setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to work with research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Verbal and written communication skills to convey medical and research-related information to research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to identify confidential and sensitive information (written and verbal).
- Ability to implement good clinical practices in all interactions with study participants, their families, and colleagues.
- Ability to identify adverse reactions to study treatments and the required study protocol documentation to record these activities.
- Ability to implement study protocols with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide work direction to research support staff.
- Demonstrate understanding of good clinical practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic data capture, including database management.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position with minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Current license as a California Registered Nurse.
- Certified Research Administrator or Clinical Research Coordinator preferred.
- Current basic CPR certification.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, twist/bend/stoop/squat, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be required to work with, take specific precautions against, and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency