Data and Gift Specialist
This position supports special data projects and data quality control within Gift Administration & Records Management, and is responsible for completing the timely and accurate processing of charitable contributions made to the University of Denver. The Data and Gift Specialist performs a broad range of tasks, including data entry and retrieval, gift processing, and participating in setting data priorities and data control mechanisms to ensure that special projects affecting short-term fundraising goals are completed. This position will also gain deep knowledge in one (or more) specific area(s) of the process and will be considered the lead for that area.
The Data & Gift Specialist works primarily from the Advancement office located in the Administrative Office Building of University of Denver's campus (2601 E Colorado Ave, Denver, CO 80208). Occasional travel to and from campus may be expected for meetings, events, and collecting gifts. This position may be expected to work extended hours during May, June, July, December, and January in order to handle periods of heavier work volume for fiscal and calendar year-ends (s/he will be compensated in accordance with FLSA standards).
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of the Advancement database (currently CRM Advance) and ensure the integrity of its data. Create and update information, including but not limited to gift recording, events, biographical recording, and document imaging.
- Follow prescribed procedures, process charitable gifts and pledges received by University of Denver, and post gift batches to CRM Advance in a timely manner.
- Research and identify donors, donation designations, and solicitation codes while preparing gift batches for posting in CRM Advance.
- Execute data entry projects accurately and in a timely manner. Analyze data for appropriate coding. Run data quality reports to ensure accuracy. Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate fields where information is available. Identify and recommend course of action on data quality issues.
- Research missing information through a variety of paid and free resources, through campus partners and from constituents. Proactively collect and code critical data as determined by the data collection plan.
- Participate in data team meetings to establish standards and policies for data entry, participate in Gift Administration & Records Management team meetings and additional meetings as needed, work closely with Advancement Business Intelligence and Analytics staff to develop data quality reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to manipulate large quantities of data accurately.
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills and recognize opportunities for improvement in the completion of tasks and projects.
- Must have strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a group.
- 2 years of college, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- One year experience working in an office environment, including collecting and organizing data.
- Knowledge of database software; high level of technological proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in a higher education and/or non-profit environment.
- Experience with CRM Advance database software or similar software solution.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) December 20, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.