199408 - Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
Job code 199408
Full-time, 37.5 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Financial Services Department seeks to fill the position of Accounts Payable Specialist. Reporting to the Senior Assistant Controller, the successful candidate will prepare and processes accounts payable and ensure timely payments while providing high quality customer service to University faculty, staff, students and vendors; will serve as member of Accounts Payable Team.
Duties and Responsibilities: Included in a range of responsibilities, the Accounts Payable specialist will:
- Accurately manage a portfolio of vendors using computer based systems, including vendor invoices (direct pays and regular POs), employee and student reimbursements, corporate card and p-card transactions, and maintenance of vendor records.
- Process invoices and credit memos.
- Serve as principal contact for procedures and policies related to payments and advise faculty, students, staff, and vendors on existing options or alternatives.
- Assist in the reconciliation and annual tax reporting, specifically 1099s and 1042s.
- Request tax documents (W9s or W8-BENs), when appropriate.
- Process accounts payable and student refund check runs.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, proper coding, timeliness of payments, and proper approvals and alphabetizing documents for check run.
- Assist in the management of the PCard and Amex Corporate card programs including audit of monthly statement submissions; advising Clark community on program policies and procedures.
- Assist in the fiscal year-end close and audit process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or three to five years of equivalent work experience in an accounting related field required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast-paced busy environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, required.
- Previous experience in higher education, SciQuest, and Banner preferred.
- Proven ability to provide strong attention to detail.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more. The hourly salary range for this position will be $18.00-$18.75, commensurate with skills and experience.
Review of applications will begin January 2, 2019. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199408 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.