Assistant Director of University Relations Information Services for Database Records
Assistant Director of University Relations Information Services for Database Records
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4520
Location: OUR Information Srvs Office
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Assistant Director of University Relations Information Services for Database Records devises and formulates data management policy for the Office of University Relations Information Services and is responsible for the integrity of all data maintained in the alumni and donor database (Millennium). The Assistant Director leads the effort to obtain biographical information and updates from numerous electronic and campus resources and coordinates efforts with the Offices of Communications and Alumni & Parent Relations to obtain data from various additional sources. The Assistant Director manages key vendor relationships for the University Relations division, including those for online and electronic donation processing and the alumni online community. The Assistant Director works closely with all University Relations staff members, as well as with numerous departments and divisions across campus, to manage the diverse data needs of the University and anticipate future projects related to alumni and donor information and related report output.
- Organize staff duties to ensure timely and accurate entry of financial and biographic data, adherence to departmental and University policies and procedures, compliance with rules related to confidentiality, accountability, and auditability of biographic and gift information, ensure staff adhere to departmental biographic and gift entry policies and procedures and comply with CASE, CAE, IRS, and internal University of Puget Sound guidelines for gift accounting and receipting.
- Plan and implement a wide variety of data search and data load projects and utilize Millennium reporting tools, Crystal Reports software, MS Excel, PeopleSoft/PeopleTools as well as other campus database resources, to ensure efficient data loads from various sources in coordination with the Director.
- In coordination with the Director and the Assistant Director for Report Development and Analysis, assist with and provide relevant advice to facilitate development of Millennium reports.
- Manage efforts associated with alumni reunion survey project(s) in coordination with staff in Alumni & Parent Relations. Assist with additional ad-hoc survey efforts in support of the University Relations division.
- Manage vendor relationships pertaining to the electronic donation processing systems and develop and maintain online donation forms that allow donors to initiate gifts to the University through various online tools, including the University's primary website.
- Coordinate development of web forms for online giving and event registration for Annual Giving and Alumni & Parent Relations.
- Collaborate with the Director as well as the Director of Annual Giving to manage and execute the assignment of Annual Giving ask amount and solicitation segments (the Annual Giving solicitation roll program).
- Manage the volunteer tracking system in coordination with Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, Admissions, Career & Employment Services, Experiential Learning Office, and other campus departments.
- Work with Technology Services (TS) programmers and others on campus to develop and maintain scheduled and ad-hoc data loads to and from PeopleSoft including, but not limited to, new record creation, student and parent/family data load processes, enrollment status, and other information updates.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with the OURIS director and staff in Technology Services and across other campus departments on technology issues affecting or related to common data maintained in Millennium, PeopleSoft, and/or other campus database systems.
- Develop data extracts, compile and verify data, and assist in the accurate reporting of data to annual surveys such as the Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) managed by the Council for Aid to Education (CAE), CASE Campaign Survey, US News, Princeton Review, Kaplan/Newsweek. Coordinate these data analysis and survey efforts with staff from the Office of Institutional Research.
- Coordinate with staff in Finance on the creation of new gift funds, the exchange of gift batch data from Millennium to PeopleSoft, reconciling financial data between the two departments and each respective database system, and creation and management of reports provided to Finance.
- In conjunction with the Director, participate in knowledge-sharing committees and/or teams from across campus to provide business process information, best practices, and recommendations for technology-related topics associated with the Office of University Relations.
- Oversee the selection and training of student staff members.
- Train new University Relations staff and student staff on the use of Millennium and the navigation of biographic and gift records screens, backup data, and files.
- Provide Millennium training to staff outside of University Relations when requested and as appropriate based on job function of those outside OUR.
- Assist with/be responsible for other duties assigned by the Director of University Relations Information Services.
- Other duties as needed.
This position supervises 2.5 database records specialists and 6 student staff.
This position has no budget responsibilities.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or commensurate years of applicable work experience, plus four years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- A proven ability to manage and instruct staff with varying levels of technical skill.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail and an understanding of the need for accuracy.
- Ability to work both as a team member and with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in higher education and especially in an alumni relations or development (fund-raising) office preferred.
- Experience with and/or a willingness to learn necessary technical skills for analyzing data quality and data entry. Familiarity with database structures and database programming strongly preferred.
- Broad experience working with various software packages on a personal computer as well as with a structured relational database system.
- Some knowledge of accounting procedures and federal requirements especially in regard to gifts and pledges preferred.
- Prefer experience with Oracle database systems and SQL scripting. General experience with relational databases and database administration helpful.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in written form, with people on many functional levels regarding computer use. A genuine enjoyment in working with people as well as technology.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, Crystal Reports, SQL and other software tools that may improve the efficiency and accuracy of OURIS efforts.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified or the position has been filled. Review of application materials will begin on December 17, 2018. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials by that date to ensure consideration.
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency