Course Management Coordinator II (Event/meeting planner)
Job Purpose: This role will manage, coordinate and provide logistical support for assigned professional education courses. Duties involved include all aspects of pre-course planning, on-site course management, as well as post-course wrap-up. In addition, this position also manages budgets and spending for each course to ensure profitability and is the main point of contact for all incoming requests and information.
- Manage logistics such as scheduling, venue selection and contracting, audio/visual requirements, catering, etc.
- Create and manage course budgets and expenses.
- Work directly with outside vendors for goods and services required.
- Provide reports to course administrators and stakeholders.
- Manage payment forms for course instructors (GT and non-GT instructors).
- Review and approve final course profit and loss reports.
- Advise faculty, staff and students on matters related to professional education course coordination.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This position requires working knowledge of course/event organization and management and office related computer applications. Included are skills in planning, communications, budgeting, logistical support, multi-tasking and negotiations.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Meeting Planner (CMP)
- Preferred Skills: Solid Excel skills, experience planning meetings and events.
Additional Information: Some travel is required. This position requires a Security Clearance. Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: GT unit directors, faculty, administrators, students, unit management, staff, vendor representatives, Non GT stakeholders, etc. This position typically will advise and counsel: course administrators, faculty unit staff. This position will not supervise.
Department Description Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE), is an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, a top 10-ranked public university. Providing continuing education for more than a century, and learning at a distance for 40 years, we enable working professionals and industry partners to access the expertise of a world-renowned research university. We offer professional development courses, certificate programs, and master’s degrees to career-focused adults in STEM and business fields worldwide. Our programs are designed to position professionals to deliver immediate workplace impact using knowledge and skills learned from Georgia Tech’s faculty experts and each other. Learners can also take Georgia Tech’s Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which are produced by GTPE. We deliver programs in a variety of formats including face-to-face, online, and hybrid, to suit the diverse needs of working professionals. GTPE also administers K-12 outreach and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs, and manages learning-centered meeting and conference facilities in Atlanta and Savannah.