Microbiology/Majors Biology Professor
Microbiology/Majors Biology Professor
Salary: $64,795.00 - $85,427.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time Faculty - Tenure-Track
Job Number: 5731-f-01/19
Closing: 2/20/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time, tenured-track position in the Biology Department beginning August 2019. Depending upon your qualifications, the starting base salary for this position is between $64,795/year and $85,427/year. The amount will increase if you teach either overload or summer school. For the current full-time faculty salary schedule and your earning potential, please visit: Salary Schedules | College of the Sequoias
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
The primary teaching assignment will be in Microbiology and Majors Biology. Teaching assignments may include general education biology courses, or other biology classes as determined by the college. Initial assignment may include evening classes weekend classes, and teaching at any of our locations in Visalia, Hanford, and/or Tulare.
Participation in the governance of the College by way of committee assignments is expected. Other responsibilities include maintenance of a number of office hours, full participation in departmental responsibilities and the willingness to create and/or participate in and sustain an atmosphere of equality which is respectful of diversity campus wide.
The candidate must meet the following criteria. The degree must be from an institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or the equivalent. If the candidate holds a Ph.D. in a biological science, the candidate will be considered to have met the minimum requirements.
- Master's degree in any biological science OR
- Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND Master's degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR
- The equivalent AND
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
The Biology Department is looking for evidence of the following:
Teaching experience in Microbiology and Majors Biology
- Experience in designing and implementing microbiology lab experiences in a college classroom setting.
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Graduate and/or undergraduate coursework related to Microbiology and Majors Biology.
- Familiarity with the educational needs of community college students pursuing Nursing and Allied Health careers.
- Experience in and/or commitment to working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic and disability backgrounds.
- Evidence of ability to use a variety of teaching strategies and assessment methods that encourage retention while successfully challenging a diverse student population.
- Ability to make a positive contribution to the instructional program at College of the Sequoias by developing instructional activities, course syllabi, and other necessary materials.
- Ability to incorporate student learning outcome objectives within courses and programs and assess those outcomes.
- Experience with or interest in alternative instructional modes.
Applicants must submit the following material to be considered:
- Completed COS Academic/Administrative application.
- Diversity Statement (included within the online job application).
- Cover Letter, which addresses the Desirable Qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work.Official transcripts are required upon employment.
- Equivalency documents (if necessary)
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies.
Full-time faculty members enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (STRS or PERS)
01 The candidate must meet one of the following criteria.
- Master's degree in any biological science.
- Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND Master's degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science.
- The equivalent - See job flyer for equivalency procedures.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2287101/microbiology-majors-biology-professor
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency