Financial Aid Assistant - Part-Time
Position Title: Financial Aid Assistant - Part-Time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Associates degree and two (2) years of demonstrated customer service experience, self-motivated, willingness to learn, and effective problem solving skills required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
The Financial Aid Assistant (part-time) serves as the first point of contact for the Financial Aid office for prospective and current students. Answers financial aid questions from students and/or student support member's questions. Refers students and/or student support members to a financial aid advisor as appropriate and assists with the completion of financial aid requirements and associated forms.
Two positions for the following shifts:
Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM -or- Monday through Friday 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- Provides financial aid information to prospective and returning students regarding the financial aid process, student financial aid filing status , and provides explanations regarding student's financial aid ;
- Assists students and families with the completion of the FSA ID, FAFSA, TAP, and student loan applications federal and state financial aid applications and student load forms (master promissory note and entrance counseling);
- Triages student and student support member's questions and refers them to a Financial Aid Advisor when appropriate;
- Assists students, student support members, and staff with navigating and operating Federal and New York State websites required to complete financial aid applications and associated processes;
- Schedules meetings for students and student support members with Financial Aid Advisors;
- Responds to email and/or telephone inquiries;
- Other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director and/or the Director of Financial Aid.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 12/24/2018
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.