Adjunct Faculty - School of Human Development
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the Undergraduate and/or Graduate Human Development degree programs, dependent on highest degree earned and years of experience teaching college level courses.
Instruction positions are located at instructional sites across Southern California counties of greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino. This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Human Development, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena.
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Master's degree in related education or human services field; PhD preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in education or human services settings
- Exemplary professional experience
- Ability to teach at instructional sites across Southern California counties of greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino
- Knowledge of Canvas learning management system, a plus
***Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
- CV and cover letter
- 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years )
- Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
***If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School