Human Resources Intern
The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team clients and teammates. This support is based from The HR Team office. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to HR generalist and AVP of Human Resources on various projects.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the AVP, Human Resources with a dotted reporting to HR generalist.
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all HR projects, create and disseminate HR reports.
- Create Core Faculty, Adjunct faculty, and Teacher contracts.
- Assist using and updating payroll and benefits processes.
- Proofread HR documents including audits, HR marketing information on intranet, and handbooks.
- Responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements
- Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes through Workday and Taleo System.
- Ensure Career Builder and Monster job packs are current with available job ads, other job sites and process invoices.
- Send background checks to background check automated system; complete and mail out offer letters
- Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned by AVP, HR and HR generalist.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Problem-solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving employee issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior HR representative
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of document retention requirements
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills, including developing, negotiating, public speaking skills; foster time management skills
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external.
- Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 1-2 years' experience in office setting.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people, with strong customer service skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and detail oriented
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School