Adjunct Faculty - School of Education - Early Childhood Education - San Jose
San Jose, CA
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
INSTRUCTIONAL SITES LOCATED IN MADERA,CA OR SALINAS, CA
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood (BA ECE) program provides qualified candidates with a foundation for educating and developing positive and inclusive learning environments for young children from kindergarten through third grade. The curriculum is based on a constructivist framework that is responsive to multiple sources of diversity in early childhood education. As actively engaged participants, candidates in this program learn about essential principles and theories of pedagogy and child development, and engage in supervised learning experiences to integrate and apply their knowledge. Learning experiences throughout the curriculum are characterized by inquiry, self reflection, collaboration with others, and problemsolving. Acknowledging multiple influences on child development and learning, the program emphasizes the importance of developing respectful and reciprocal relationships to create supportive and challenging learning environments. Coursework focuses on strategies of inclusion, issues of equity, social justice, and cultural competence.
This Adjunct Faculty position is located at our other instructional sites in Madera, CA or Salinas, CA.
- Provide college level instruction for candidates earning a Bachelor's of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education
- Develop and plan lectures, activities, and some assignments to align with course learning outcomes
- Careful assessment of candidate assignments and providing timely feedback
- Evaluating assignments; papers, projects, class participation, and presentations using college level methods of evaluation to assign grades
- Collaboration with colleagues on course curriculum and teaching methodologies to cultivate critical thinking and reflective practice in the learning environment
- Ability to utilize various instructional strategies to foster an inclusive learning environment for a diverse student population
- Keep current on scholarship, research, and "best practices" in the discipline in which the instructor is assigned to teach
- Comfortable with using various forms of technologies
- Maintain records and respond to students on email or by phone as needed
- Evaluate course work in Taskstream
- Doctorate in related field (preferred)
- Publications, presentations, and research in early childhood education (preferred)
- Relevant professional experience
- Official Transcript and two letters of recommendation
- Familiar with andragogy; adult learning theory
- Knowledge in trauma and crisis intervention
- Certification in counseling, trauma, or grief response or STEAM is desirable
- Communicate effectively Pacific Oaks College's learning management system
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
BA ECE COURSE CONTENT AREAS
- Cognitive Development; How Children Learn
- Assessment and Research in Early Childhood Education
- Emergent Curriculum: Reflecting Learner Lives
- Family Violence and Child Abuse
- Separation, Deployment Trauma, and Early Development
- Trauma, Culture, and Immigration
- Technology in Early Childhood Education
- Play Language and Literacy
- Public Policy and Its Impact on Children and Families
- Balancing Ethical and Moral Considerations in ECE
***Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
- CV and cover letter
- 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years )
- Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
***If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School