San Jose, CA
SAN JOSE, CA CAMPUS
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The Office Coordinator facilitates the smooth functioning of the Campus by providing administrative and clerical support for the staff and faculty and offering support to the Admissions Office. This position serves as the administrative staff for extended evening and week end operations of the Branch Campus.
The position coordinates the paper and information flow in the Admissions Office and communicates with prospective students and applicants. The position assists with input of student data into the institutional database. The incumbent welcomes visitors, applicants, and students; and provides support services to other programs and areas, and dissemination of information about the College. This position is full time and the schedule is Tuesday - Friday from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., as well as Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The position serves as the project coordinator of in-house events by processing classroom reservations, organizing agendas, coordinating with staff and faculty, and ensuring necessary coordination occurs with outside vendors.
The position provides classroom and resource support to faculty. Serves as liaison with after-hours custodial and security personnel.
- Processes changes in admissions and student records, as required and appropriate.
- Manage conference sponsorships (ads, payment, booths, travel and lodging reservations and timeline to respond with Campus DOA)
- Assist with the general flow of information within the Admissions Office
- Systematically follow up with applicants by phone and written correspondence
- Receptionist for incoming College calls, answers telephone and in-person inquiries about college programs and general information, relay calls.
- Develops and fosters relationships with students through on campus recruiting activities and events
- Works with new student orientation program, along with the coordination of other events.
- Function as a liaison with other offices and departments as appropriate
- Assist with setting up and planning information sessions, on-campus department events
- Manage literature and supply inventory
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exhibits professional etiquette and maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Possess basic knowledge of FERPA regulations regarding student documents
- Ability to work as a team member within the office, department, and college
- Experience in college or university environment, preferably in recruiting, admissions, or student services.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Professional personal presentation, initiative, reliable, and attention to detail
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy; grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Self-driven with the ability to recognize where process can be improved and take the initiative to execute on making those improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment with positivity and the willingness to change direction as necessary-multi-task.
- Acute attention to detail, well-organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple-tasks and achieve desired results within set deadlines.
- A.A. degree required, BA preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in working in an office environment
- Excellent data entry and general office skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and internet).
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers' Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School