Adjunct Faculty - Organizational Leadership & Change - San Jose
San Jose, CA
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND CHANGE
SAN JOSE CAMPUS
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
Pacific Oaks' online M.A. in Organizational Leadership and Change (OLC) program is based upon the theory that leadership requires knowledge, skill, and deep self-knowledge to be authentic, and that authentic leadership is essential to creating organizations with sustainable value. Graduates from our Organizational Leadership and Change program will understand that establishing responsible and ethical relationships, valuing and respecting each individual, and leading with passion and purpose are all necessary to insure that organizations achieve goals that are aligned with the public good.
Through the development of management and leadership competencies grounded upon respect for human capacity, graduates will be prepared to become leaders of change, able to navigate the complexity and unpredictability of various organizations and to transcend cultural, political, and national barriers. Unlike a more traditional MBA, societal considerations are not relegated to theory, but integrated with the development of each competency, providing for a more dynamic understanding of how these considerations directly affect organizational needs.
A primary learning outcome of the Organizational Leadership and Change program, capacity for critical self-reflection and moral comprehension, helps guide leaders to bring social justice, advocacy, and respect for diversity and individualism into organizations and the world.
This culture-centered education emphasizes relevancy and strategy to managing a diverse workforce.
The Organizational Leadership and Change program is currently seeking outstanding leaders in the community to join our diverse pool of adjunct faculty for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. The adjunct faculty member will teach Organizational Leadership Masters level courses.
Examples of the OLC program courses available for teaching assignments:
- Leadership and Organization Behavior
- Leading Organizational Change and Development
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Business Principles for Leaders
- Human Diversity and Ethics
- Project and Operational Management
- Managing External Relationships
- Non-Profit Leadership Applied Research Project 1, 2, 3
- Business Organizational Leadership Applied Research Project 1, 2, 3
- Education Organizational Applied Research Project 1, 2, 3
- Professional Practice Applied Research Project 1, 2, 3
- Teaching graduate students earning MA's in Organizational leadership and Change.
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, class discussions and assignments
- Grading assigned papers and providing detailed feedback.
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in the class, assignments and presentations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Participating in the on-line learning platform CANVAS for engagement, posting grades and receiving class assignments from students
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Facilitate face-to-face classroom discussions and instruction.
- Presence in the online Canvas classroom.
- Grade and provide feedback on all assignments within the specified time.
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24-48 hours
- Contribute to the course content using current events, current research articles, videos and other materials
- Post final grades by the College deadline
- Prepare and update course prior to the course start
- Provide announcements, overviews, insight for the course.
- Identify and refer at-risk students to academic support services
- Ability to work with diverse populations and non-traditional students.
- Participate in Adjunct trainings, meetings, events and other College requirements
- PhD or Doctorate in Organizational Leadership, Leadership or related field
- Relevant professional experience
- Official Transcript and 2 letters of recommendation
- College level teaching experience and working with adult learners
- Communicate effectively using Canvas, Pacific Oaks College's learning management system and Pacific Oaks College email.
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
***Effective November 15, 2017, please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
- CV and cover letter
- 2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years )
- Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
***If you submitted an application prior to November 15, 2017 without these documents, your application will still be reviewed. However, these documents will be requested during the interview process.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System.
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School