UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics
Center for Innovative Design and Analysis
Research Software Developer and Analyst
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
NATURE OF WORK
This position is in the Department of Biostatistics and Informatics. This position has been created in collaboration with the Anschutz Medical Campus' Center for Innovative Design and Analysis (CIDA). CIDA is a campus wide analytics center charged with transforming the analytic ecosystem of the campus' research enterprise.
This person will join a growing group of Master's and Doctoral trained collaborative and consulting data scientists and biostatisticians. The research instructor collaborates with investigators on most analytical and computational aspects of the research process, including: design of new studies, algorithm design, novel software design, analysis implementation, and dissemination of results. This individual is expected to co-author abstracts, oral and poster presentations, and scientific manuscripts, and participate in grant applications and funded projects.
Biostatistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
The Research Instructor will be supervised by the CIDA Director.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities with graduate Research Assistants seeking MS degrees (RAs) and Professional Research Assistants (PRAs).
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
The faculty in the Department of Biostatistics and Informatics and CIDA collaborate with health researchers from nearly every School and Department at CU Anschutz on their biomedical and health research projects. The person in this position will work independently with investigators spanning the spectrum of biomedical and public health research on an academic health sciences campus. This individual will provide the computational expertise in study design, data management, computational method development, software design, data analysis and manuscript preparation to assist investigators and clinicians on new research activities across a wide range of disciplines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of statistical or computational biology principles relevant in medical research.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and apply quantitative analytical approaches.
- Strong programming skills in multiple languages including several of Java, C++, Scala, R, Perl, Python, Bash, C, or others.
- Experience with high-performance computing environments.
- Good organizational skills across individual projects, managing own work load.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with a variety of biomedical investigators and colleagues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the CIDA and the Department.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- An MS degree in computer science, mathematics, computational biology, statistics, biostatistics, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a computational field.
- 2+ years of research experience.
- Experience serving as a computational biologist, biostatistician or data scientist on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead the computational elements of multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Megan Branda, MS, at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:A review of the application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must apply online at http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers . Please do not submit any of your application material via email to the job posting contact. Applicants Must Include: 1. A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three to five professional references in a separate document.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21419 - CSPH-Bio Info General Ops
Posting Date: Dec 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Megan Branda, MS
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756794