University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Position Title: Medical Assistant (Health Care Tech I)
Position# 00003004 / Posting #14946
Position location: Campus Health Center/Anschutz Medical Campus
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Medical Assistant for a full-time, (1.0FTE) position with the University of Colorado, College of Nursing at Campus Health Center, in Aurora, CO. This position will provide quality care to patients and provide some front desk operations, 40 hours per week, including the possibility of weekend hours. This position is eligible for benefits and applicants should be educated and trained to perform clinical, administrative, and financial skills in a health care environment.
The Campus Health Center, with both physical and behavioral health care delivered by varied health disciplines through CU Health Partners, is designed to meet CU Anschutz student health and wellness needs. In addition, surrounding community members are welcome to access health services at this clinic. The practice consists of ~five employees.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Upholds strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Greets patients and families
- Completes standard patient check-in procedures
- Measures and records vital signs
- Records patient interview, history, and chief complaint
- Completes Medication Reconcilation
- Provides patient education with regard to office policies, medications, diagnoses, treatment, plan of care, and follow-up
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assists providers with examinations and procedures
- Performs phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Performs basic lab tests
- Prepares and administers medications with providers authorization
- Administers immunizations and maintains immunization records
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures, and other first aid
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals for patients and providers
- Calling prescriptions to the pharmacy for providers
- Answers phone and schedules appointments
- Completes paperwork for health and financial purposes, as needed
- Uses CPR skills when required
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilizing instruments
- Disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
- Practices OSHA safety standards
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation (electronic/hard-copy) at all times
- Assists with reporting to state and federal agencies, as needed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary for this position has been established at $34,956 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant/emergency medical technician/ nursing assistant/nursing school/program Current Medical/Nursing Assistant/EMT
- Prior medical office experience, this includes student externship
- Prior EHR (electronic health record) experience, this included student externship
Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a current BLS/CPR certification
- Must be willing and able to work in an ambulatory patient care environment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious diseases
- Must be willing and able to work weekends on an as needed basis
- Must be willing and able to follow HIPPA and OSHA complance
- Current Medical/Nursing Assistant or EMT Certification
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Proficient in computer use and clinic software
- Knowledge of current medical procedures and understanding of basic medical terminology
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, their families, and other members of the health care team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) Copy of your MA/CNA Diploma or transcrtips showing you graduated from your school/program 4) Copy of your current BLS/CPR certification 5) List of 3-5 professional references and 2 personal references. Questions should be directed to [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin October 19, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CON.HR
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00003004