Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a part-time Professional Research Assistant position who will serve as a Patient Navigator. Responsibilities of the Patient Navigator will include recruiting and consenting research subjects, collecting data, and scheduling, arranging, and delivering the research intervention. In particular, this study will focus solely on Latinos with advanced medical illness.
Duties will include the following:
- Intervention implementation:
- Arrange and deliver home visits-covering assigned Northern Colorado geographic area
- Provide telephone support to intervention participants
- Ensure completed advance care planning documents are scanned into medical records
- Communicate with providers as needed to help facilitate care for participants
- Reports on progress weekly with co-investigator or project manager
- Assist with follow-up data collection
- Complete follow-up surveys with participants
- Assist with chart review
- Ensure that study materials and packets for participants are complete and ready for enrollment
- Enrolling and collecting data from study subjects (patients, families or health care providers), including obtaining informed consent for analysis
- Recruit patients to participate in research study - minimum of weekly contact with on-site study contact for eligible patients
- Data entry of participant data into REDCap
Complete End of Life Navigator training program
- Complete Colorado Patient Navigator training program
- Participate in person or via webcam to Palliative Care weekly meetings
- Ongoing education through lectures, workshops, and meetings
- Active participation in regular research team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis
- Basic proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must have a vehicle and can drive
- Community Health Certification
- REDCap training
Minimum Experience: Community Health work or experience working in a health care setting (e.g. medical or nursing assistant)
Preferred Experience: Previous experience in patient navigation or health related field of work. Motivational interviewing experience.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15277
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Dec 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Danielle Kline
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00050100