AUDIO VISUAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
JOB NO.: 95805-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: G SERV/CC&MS/PYLE CENTER
Categories: Computer Science, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 95805-AS
Working Title: Audio Visual Support Supervisor
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A degree is not required for this position.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and techniques of effective recruiting, supervising, planning, prioritizing, organizing, scheduling, and delegating work to subordinate employees.
- Leadership skills to coach, motivate, and set priorities for employees to enable them to accomplish their duties and meet performance standards.
- Knowledge of the installation, operation, and repair of instructional and multimedia technology equipment utilized in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of testing, troubleshooting, and problem-solving techniques in a technology environment.
- Knowledge of quality assurance concepts, principles, and practices.
- Ability to computer at an intermediate level in an administrative environment.
- Ability to determine budgetary needs for departmental expenses using sound financial standards.
- Ability to maintain professional and service oriented relationships with customers and co-workers in a courteous, calm, and professional manner.
- Ability to present a neat, clean appearance at all times.
- Experience in an AV-supported event and teleconference environment, or other communication technologies-based event space.
- Ability to support night and weekend shifts when necessary based on business.
- Training or experience leading an organization or department in culture and or process improvements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, stretch, bend, and lift for the purpose of installing and repair ceiling mounted technology equipment.
License or certificate:
As a supervisor of the Conference Centers Audio Visual Support (AVS) team, under general supervision of the Facility Manager of the Pyle Center, the Audio Visual Support Supervisor operates under a high degree of autonomy overseeing Audio Visual Support staff and all areas related to the technology at the Pyle Center and the Lowell Center.
A forward-thinking technology professional with excellent organizational skills is required for this position. Quality customer service knowledge, the ability to juggle many details simultaneously, and a strong commitment to hospitality is required. Excellent communication and writing skills are necessary in order to interact with customers, develop estimates, effectively negotiate AV services and rates, resolve customer concerns and work cooperatively with partnering service departments. Strong supervision experience is required to oversee full-time technology staff and student workers.
Due to the nature of the conference, meetings, and events industry, non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) will be required based on business needs.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the Apply Now button.
You will be asked to provide a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications as they relate to this position and its duties. In these materials, be sure to cover your experience deploying instructional media and technology for large-scale events and activities, providing technological customer support, managing or overseeing a media/technology-based department, supervising direct reports, and experience with business process improvement.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 29 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 18 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time