ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SUMMER TERM
JOB NO.: 96882-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DCS/ACAD AFFAIRS&PRG/ACAD&PROG
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96882-AS
Working Title: Assistant Director of Summer Term
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 21, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Five or more years of project management and/or administration experience in higher education. UW-Madison experience preferred.
- Experience working with summer administration on a university or college campus.
- Experience developing new curriculum or educational programming in a higher education setting.
- Ability to plan, lead, and manage projects within deadline and budget parameters.
- Ability to collaborate and partner in creating new educational offerings with schools and colleges.
- Knowledge of developing budgets and making fiscal decisions.
- Knowledge of data and analytics.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written skills for communicating complex issues and perspectives to a wide range of constituents.
- Resourceful in identifying creative and effective models and ideas.
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment requiring quantitative measures of success and data-driven decisions.
- The position requires a person who is a self-starter with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
License or certificate:
Summer Term at UW-Madison enrolls approximately 14,000 students annually. Approximately 12,000 are degree-seeking UW-Madison students and 1,500 are visiting students. UW-Madison offers more than 1,000 summer courses through 13 schools and colleges. The Division of Continuing Studies provides institutional leadership for Summer Term and is responsible for executing campus-wide summer strategic initiatives which include creating new summer course and program offerings and growing summer enrollments, providing budget oversight, administering the summer scholarship
program, and overseeing data management and analytics.
The Assistant Director works closely with the Assistant Dean and in collaboration with schools, colleges and administrative units, the position will oversee day-to-day operations and be responsible for guiding the development of new summer courses and programming to be offered to degree-seeking UW-Madison students as well as visiting students. New courses and programs will include gateway/bottleneck courses with high student demand, online courses, summer institutes, transformational immersion, research, early start, service learning, or professional development experiences, and distinctive curriculum for visiting audiences. This position will develop communication briefings and reports to stakeholders and campus leadership.
Instructions to applicants:
Please apply online and submit a resume, cover letter and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 6 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 20 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time