Director, Ambulatory Operations
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $166,500
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of inland southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities. Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org The Director of Ambulatory Operations is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of UCR Health community practices. Through clinic managers, ensures front and back office staff provide high quality and easy access to care in compliance with local, state and federal requirements. Implements and maintains high practice standards, responsible finance management, exceptional employee engagement and development. Participates as part of management team in formulating, implementing and evaluating business plans/strategies for clinic operations and responsible for achieving both short and long term strategic, business and financial goals/objectives. Is accountable for working with other leaders across the organization to facilitate work groups focused on improving key performance metrics through ongoing process improvement. Leads the clinical practices into a data driven, team oriented culture that embraces the patient experience, safety and quality as well as continuous process improvement. This position ensures the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives and serves as a strategic leader who is attuned to the ever-changing needs of the community and healthcare industry.
Proven ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and delegate and delegate work functions efficiently.
Knowledge of relevant healthcare and clinic operations information technology, including billing systems and patient care workflows and processes.
Demonstrated managerial skills and human resources management knowledge, including staff deployment, resource utilization, budgeting and financial management, quality improvement, and program planning and implementation.
Demonstrated knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments.
Clinic/center management experience, with progressive expertise in practice management, scheduling, customer-service methods, incident reporting, regulatory compliance, accreditation requirements, and information technology.
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills to convey complex information, instructions, and guidelines in a clear, concise, and specific manner, and to influence and persuade all levels of staff.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview